Sunday, June 12, 2016

Saturday - En Route to MTN TOP

Messages from our youth:


We left at 11:00am and drove for hours. Regan passed out for four hours in the back and Maddy, John, Slocomb, and I told each other riddles to keep ourselves busy. We arrived at Wingo, went swimming, and left for Hayward’s friend’s barn to eat hot dogs and hamburgers! We caught fireflies in a jar and sang music. It was a lot of fun. I’m really tired now, since its 11:26pm in Ohio and I typically fall asleep around 9:00. I’m really looking forward to meeting new people and introducing myself to my YRG! It’s going to be a great trip, I can feel it. -Margot


This week, I am looking forward to meeting my YRG. Last year, I bonded really well with my YRG and I look forward to making new friends and bonding with them through sweat and sunshine. Just as a disclaimer, YRG stands for youth renewal group. It’s the group that you go out into the county with to work on your assignments. You spend the whole week with them and treat them as your family. -Maddy

This week at Mountain TOP, I’m really looking forward to doing some old fashioned hard work and seeing people’s faces light up with joy to know that people care and are willing to help. It makes me really happy seeing other people and I don’t care what work I do as long as I know I’m helping. -Regan

For Sunday:  O God, whose fatherly care reaches to the uttermost parts of the earth:  We humbly beseech you graciously to behold and bless those whom we love, now absent from us.  Defend them from all dangers of soul and body; and grant that both they and we, drawing near to you, may be bound together by your love in the communion of your Holy Spirit, and in the fellowship of your saints; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment