Monday, June 13, 2016

Monday - First Day of Service

"Today was the most exhausting day I’ve ever had in my life. It was so hot. So hot, in fact, that I almost passed out! There was no shade to hide in and I had forgotten to fill my cooler with water (it just had ice in it… my mistake!) so we were all dehydrated. We ripped out boards from an old wheelchair ramp and replaced them, but the more we tore up the ramp, the more rotted wood we found. We eventually stopped, and we’re pretty sure it was all a waste, considering Mountain TOP is most likely going to tear down the whole thing and rebuild it with good wood this time!

The woman next door cooked us food and introduced us to her dogs and cats! They were all so cute and she really loves them all. I’m looking forward to meeting the other people we’ll be building for throughout the week! It’s going to be exciting.

I saw God in the way that the woman next door made us food, spoke with us, and tried to help in all the ways possible. She provided shade next door that we ended up using a couple of times throughout the day, and she provided some nice food to keep us going! On top of that, she filled up our cooler that I may or may not have forgotten to fill…

Thank you so much, faith partners, for making this trip possible. I am so thankful that I am here on this mountain with all these wonderful people. I’ve made so many friends.

Have fun in Ohio!" -Margot


(Extra Photos from Saturday)







For Tuesday:  O heavenly Father, who has filled the world with beauty:  Open our eyes to behold your gracious hand in all your works; that, rejoicing in your whole creation, we may learn to serve you with gladness; for the sake of him through whom all things were made, your Son Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment