Sunday, June 17, 2018

Sunday: Arrival on the Mountain





Dear Faith partners ,

Today we had a long, but very exciting car ride to Grundy County, where Mountain TOP  is located. We stopped and ate breakfast at McDonalds, and i was delighted to see giggles and smiles light up among all of my friends at 7 in the morning (teenager friends I might add). Laughter continued to bubble in the air until all of us fell asleep in the car. I woke up to be surrounded by beautiful mountains enveloped in green. This is my fourth time to the mountain, and being here is like taking a breath of fresh air. This was my first thought as we rolled up in the van; I love being here and growing in my faith. Ironically, the breath of life that God gives (and gave) to each of us is the theme of this week’s camp. Funny how things work! After we got here, we got separated into our youth renewal groups (YRGs), the group we will do projects with. Tomorrow, I will be demolishing a porch. Excited to go out and break some things with a hammer :)

So far I’ve seen God in the reunification of my church friends, in bringing us together to spend this week with one another, as we all grow, learn, and experience new ideas and other peoples’ idea of worship.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be here, and I hope all is well over there in Cincinnati!

Much love,

-Jaida Fackey

For Monday:  Grant, O God, that your holy and life-giving Spirit may so move every human heart, that barriers which divide us may crumble, suspicions disappear, and hatreds cease; that our divisions being healed, we may live in justice and peace; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

(Sorry for having so few photos! We'll do a better job of taking photos as the week progresses. -Slocomb_

2 comments:

  1. Getting there in one piece.... whew! Now don’t fill the van with souvenirs coming home....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pray for you that mountain air is renewing you each day!

    ReplyDelete