Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Wednesday: Second Day of Two-Day Projects








Hey y’all my name is Jaida and this is my third year on the mountain. Every year I learn a lot of new things about myself, other people, and my faith.

So far this week I have served two families, one being my two day project site. We demo’d a porch, and then rebuilt it for a family of five.  The first day was a little rough, my YRG was still figuring out how to handle complications and...each other's attitudes. But by day 2 everything seemed to be figured out, and we were working smoothly.

Now the family we served had three little kids. One in particular was a little girl, London. London was only seven, but she was highly intelligent for her age. After we had finished our project, I headed off to sit by the car by myself.. Just to decompress a little bit.  London came to join me, and started talking about her parents’ recent “fixin to divorce.”  To me, this was a really special moment, because my parents also divorced when I was her age. It seemed like God was telling me to listen, and to talk to her about it, since she was opening up to a complete stranger about something so painful to a child.

So I listened, and told her how I am a living example of how things will turn out alright, and that there is a plan intended.  This has made my week so far, and I cannot thank the faith partners enough for giving me the opportunity to have this experience.
Have a happy HUM (halfway up the mountain) day!!!!!


-Jaidaaaa :)

Prayer For Thursday:  Lord Christ, when you came among us, you proclaimed the kingdom of God in villages, towns, and lonely places:  Grant that your presence and power may be known throughout this land.  Have mercy upon all of us who live and work in rural areas; and grant that all the people of our nation may give thanks to you for food and drink and all other bodily necessities of life, respect those who labor to produce them, and honor the land and the water from which these good things come.  All this we ask in your holy Name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment