Thursday, July 13, 2017

Thursday: One-Day Projects







Hello! It’s Margot here!

Today has been amazing. I started my Thursday project and finished it too! We painted the bottom of a trailer for an old woman named Tootie. She was absolutely full of compassion and really needed someone to talk to. I provided some company for her and she talked with me about how she lost two of her three daughters within the past three years. Her third daughter doesn’t talk to her. Apparently they don’t get along. Her story reached deep down to my heart and made me tear up. No one should outlive their children or be ignored by them. Tootie was full of spirit. Although she could hardly walk, she hobbled over to behind her shed and pulled out four chairs, attempting to carry them to her porch, where we ate lunch, by herself. Our group rushed to help her, but I could see how, even though she could hardly move herself, an 82 year old woman went out of her way to carry chairs so that we would have a place to rest. I saw God in her and the way she served us, because although we are the service, we are also being served.

My YRG and I are getting along great. We have a lot of jokes together, and while the eighth grader can drive me up the wall, he’s funny and a good kid. Marie is like a mother on the worksite when my mom isn’t there. She’s always keeping us hydrated and telling me to keep going; even when I’m sweating and panting and feel like I can’t go on.

I’m so thankful to be here. The worships, music, experiences, and people have been incredible. Thank you faith partners! I hope everything is great back in Ohio!

Prayer For Friday:  Almighty God, who has promised to hear the petitions of those who ask in your Son’s Name:  We beseech you mercifully to incline your ear to us who have now made our prayers and supplications unto you; and grant that those things which we have faithfully asked according to your will, may effectually be obtained, to the relief of our necessity, and to the setting forth of your glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment