Monday, July 10, 2017

Monday: First Day of Service













Hello dear Faith Partners!

First off, I would like to thank all of the supporters of this mission trip for making this amazing experience possible.

This is my third year at Mountain T.O.P. and it’s already amazing. One thing that’s been a little difficult is the transition between camps. For the last two years, St. Barnabas has been going to the Baker Mountain campus, but this year we’re at Cumberland Pines. This camp is more spread out and a lot bigger than Baker, and it’s much prettier.

Today, the project assigned to my YRG (youth renewal group) was to re-deck the porch of a woman named Courtney, who uses a wheelchair. What an amazing woman! I was outside all day focusing on more the physical aspect to fulfill (fixing the porch) instead of the more spiritual and social goals. While working, one of the adults, Hanna, told me that Courtney would like me to come inside for a glass of water because she was worried about me being dehydrated. After our work was done (and we were done early), we visited a very beautiful chapel on the edge of a cliff. We saw beautiful trees and mountains on the horizon and the view was a view of God’s glory. I have a great feeling about this week and can’t wait for all of the adventures this week has in store for me. Thanks again to all of you. Goodnight!

-Maddy Hammons

Prayer For Tuesday:  O heavenly Father, who has filled the world with beauty:  Open our eyes to behold your gracious hand in all your works; that, rejoicing in your whole creation, we may learn to serve you with gladness; for the sake of him through whom all things were made, your Son Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment