Thursday, June 21, 2018

Thursday: Last Full Work Day














Hello Faith Partners!

Today is Thursday and it feels like it’s only Monday! I feel as if the week has flown by, and honestly, it makes me kind of upset. This has been such a good week, and such a good trip. One of the best MTOP trips I’ve been on. Today we were originally going to stain a porch but it was pouring rain so they changed our project. By the time we drove 30 minutes to our new project, they found out the homeowner of the house wasn’t home. So they changed our project again and we ended up arriving at a new location at 10:00 (an hour late!) and we read our task. We had to pull weeds and fix up the woman’s garden. It was pretty rough, but the rain helped plenty. The garden was super hard to fix. The tall grass made the task brutal, and we had to find her garlic plants in the mess. However, we came across a nest of baby bunnies and made sure they were safe! They were the cutest little things, and they made my day a whole lot better. Eventually, we completely removed all the grass, kept her garlic sprouts, and stirred up all the dirt (even tilled it by hand!). It was super tiring, but we finished and managed to go out in the county! I did the Yo Yo challenge again (just like last year). It’s a giant cookie and you have to eat as fast as you can, and it took me 3:12 to finish it (just for reference). In case you were wondering, Slocomb finished in 36 seconds. We also went to Beersheba Porcelain and I bought another bracelet to add to my MTOP collection.
I really saw God in the way that our YRG has become close. As we scavenged the Family Dollar, I found myself laughing at all the things I could purchase as gifts for my YRG. It made me realize how truly blessed I am to have the capability to make friends and become close to people quickly. My little family for the week has turned into a deep bond, and I will be sad to say goodbye on Saturday. However, I wouldn’t have been able to do this without the faith partners! I am so so sooo thankful to have people at my church who can provide such an amazing spiritual journey that I can experience.
I am so thankful for you all, and I can’t wait to come home and tell you all about it!

Margot Hammons

For Friday:  Almighty God, who has promised to hear the petitions of those who ask in your Son’s Name:  We beseech you mercifully to incline your ear to us who have now made our prayers and supplications unto you; and grant that those things which we have faithfully asked according to your will, may effectually be obtained, to the relief of our necessity, and to the setting forth of your glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Perhaps you guys can demonstrate for the congregation the yo-yo challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need help in my weedy garden too! Working in the earth and caring for others is a wonderful way to show caring. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete