Thursday, July 20, 2017

Mountain T.O.P. 2017 Wrap Up Message



When I first arrived at Mountain T.O.P this year, I was a bit nervous, like anyone would be. Despite this, I was more excited than ever to be able to meet new people and make a change in the world, one nail at a time. 






I ended up loving this week more than my previous years. I had an amazing time learning new things, whether it be about myself, my faith, my friends, or other people in the world and their experiences. 







There's something bittersweet about Mountain T.O.P throughout the whole week, not just at the end. You anticipate for something great and wonderful to happen, and when it does, you can feel it. You know when you're having a great time, you know when you're making a difference, and you know you will have to part with these people at the end of the week because we anticipate all of these things. Therefore, we put in that much more effort to savor and remember these moments. 

Colossians 3:23-24 reads, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving."  




I personally believe that the realization that a moment will become a fond memory is the presence of God reminding us of the goodness in ourselves and in other people. The memories that I have made throughout these past three years at Mountain T.O.P will stay with me for years and years to come, and I will be forever grateful for it. 




I am also grateful for such a generous and giving congregation that has provided us with this experience. The generosity has been incredible and I am so thankful to have a wonderful community supporting us in our efforts to become the change we wish to see in the world. 





I can't wait for next year's Mountain T.O.P trip; we'll hopefully have more people to join us and to share this experience with. 

-Maddy Hammons

No comments:

Post a Comment